The CLA has set the standard for affordable large arbor fly reels. The CLA series incorporates a superior drag mechanism that is extraordinarily smooth, heat resistant and provides incredible stopping power. While the CLA is offered at a reasonable price, no options have been overlooked. The series is fully machined out of a proprietary aluminum alloy, fully anodized for protection and built to take the type of abuse applied to a reel that is used every day of the season. This is why the CLA series is the most popular reel for outfitters and guides who demand unwavering performance in an affordable package. This is the same reason the CLA is also our dealers' favorite for anglers that are looking for an American made, high quality, reasonably priced fly reel.
CLA 4-7 (Larger Components for Bigger Fish!) The mechanical design of all CLA reels is consistent throughout the series, but improvements have been made to the four largest sizes to support their use in battling bigger fish. The CLA sizes 4-7 have a larger sized drag knob, handle and spool cap, but most importantly they have a STRONGER DRAG SYSTEM. The frame and spool have also been reinforced to eliminate flexing when battling the "big boys". With a wide range of sizes available, the CLA series is appropriate for any fishing application. And because of its great size, dependability, drag performance and affordable price, the CLA sizes 4-7 have also become one of the most popular spey series on the market today.
- Frame/Spool Material 6061-T6 proprietary aluminum alloy
- Manufacturing Specifications Fully machined, 1 piece frame, 1 piece spool with a Delrin pressed hub - manufactured on automated CNC machining centers
- Drag Material Delrin 500AF with impregnated Teflon - space-age polymer that is durable, heat resistant, self-lubricating and maintenance free
- Drag Mechanism Delrin 500AF to anodized aluminum interface - push frame friction disc drag system with redundancy radial pawl engagement and seamless transition between line-in and drag engagement (no startup friction)
- Spool Rotation, Connection and Conversion Delrin hub rotating on a stainless steel spindle (Sizes 1-3), oil impregnated bronze bushing rotating on a stainless steel spindle (Sizes 4-7), quick release locking spool, easy left-hand to right-hand retrieve conversion
- Finish Anodized for the perfect balance of hardness and colorFishing Application Designed for use in all freshwater, warmwater and saltwater fishing environments
- Lifetime Warranty
||WF3 + 75 20#
||WF4 + 100 20#
||WF5 + 125 20#
||WF6 + 175 20#