From the perpetual drip of a rainforest trek, to the flash-bang of an afternoon thunderstorm in the mountains, the waterproof/breathable nylon Torrentshell Jacket is built for trekking and hiking in wet conditions.
Tropical rainforests share at least one thing with the Patagonia Ice Cap: wet weather. For trekking and hiking in drenching conditions, our Torrentshell provides 2.5-layer waterproof/breathable protection that's durable, lightweight and without frills. The nylon jacket stuffs into one of two zippered handwarmer pockets (and has a clip-in loop); the hood rolls down, stows away, and has a laminated visor; and the center zipper has exterior and interior storm flaps. With pit zips for added ventilation, a microfleece-lined neck and chin, and a drawcord hem. Recyclable through the Common Threads Recycling Program.
- 2.5-layer nylon ripstop shell with a waterproof/breathable H2No® barrier and Deluge® DWR (durable water repellent) finish
- 2-way-adjustable hood with laminated visor rolls down and stows
- Microfleece-lined neck for comfort and enhanced protection of waterproof/breathable barrier
- Center-front zipper has exterior and interior storm flaps to keep water out; pit zips with storm flaps and Deluge DWR-treated zippers
- Self-fabric hook-and-loop cuff closures
- Pockets: two handwarmers, one internal mesh drop-in
- Drawcord hem; packs into zippered self-storage pocket
- 2.5-layer, 2.6-oz 50-denier 100% nylon ripstop, with a waterproof/breathable H2No® barrier and a Deluge® DWR (durable water repellent) finish. Recyclable through the Common Threads Recycling Program